1920s Art Deco 10k Gold Onyx Diamond Seed Pearl Filigree Bar Brooch Pin
The 10k gold filigree design, of this Art Deco bar brooch, exemplifies the classical and intricate designs made during the 1920s. With an open and airy setting, that is feather-light feeling in your hand, this petite piece is dense with subtle features like a recessed diamond at the center of natural onyx and tiny creamy seed pearls adding to the sophisticated combination.
Condition Guide Excellent. This piece is fresh looking, it must have been tucked away and well taken care of, or worn infrequently.
* Setting has a bright patina with no surface wear and no dents or misshapen spots.
* Onyx stone has a smooth and gleaming surface with no chipping or surface wear and the faceting is crisp and refractive.
* Diamond has a smooth and gleaming surface with no chipping or surface wear and the faceting is crisp and refractive.
* Pears are all in place and look original with a nice luster.
* No irregularities to the setting or signs of solder or repair and the piece has a firm shape.
Length 1 1/2"
Width 1/2" brooch, 2mm diameter diamond
Mark See photo
Clasp Secure, and original
Weight 2.5 grams
Material 10k gold, natural diamond, natural onyx and seed pearls
Collector Note On Period Pieces. "Period pieces" refer to those pieces that feel quintessentially of a certain era or movement. These pieces include the typical design elements associated with that period for a classic look. Period pieces are emblematic of culture and trends at the time.
On Classic Collectables. There are certain pieces that fall into a distinct collectable category, sometimes referred to as "classics." However, the most collectable of these classics are those that include something special (such as an extra design element) that set them apart from other similar pieces.