1930s Art Deco Arts & Crafts Sterling Silver Rose Gold Citrine Necklace
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* Rose gold plating is fresh looking with little wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Citrine stones are smooth and gleaming with no chips or surface wear, faceting is crisp and refractive.
* Clasp is secure and original.
* Chain is original to pendant
Era 1920s - 30s
Length 17 1/4", with pendant dropping 2" below
Width Just under 1"
Mark No mark
Weight 9 grams
Material Tests for sterling silver, natural citrine
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* By the style of the leaf design, this piece is likely American made.
* Silver and rose gold leaves beautifully frame the vibrant citrine stones.
* Open at the back and faceted, the saturated color of the citrine shimmers vividly.
* Excellent condition highlights the design detail and quality of construction.
On the Arts & Crafts Movement. The Arts and Crafts period emerged at the turn of the century as a reaction against the industry and machinery that had begun to infiltrate culture, arts, and design. Proponents of the Arts and Crafts Movement argued true art and true craftsmanship must be done by an artisan, not by a machine or by an assembly line of people. They believed that the original creative endeavor of an individual artisan would bring its own distinct pleasure, not only to the working class makers but to the person wearing it.
On Period Pieces. "Period pieces" refer to those pieces that feel quintessentially of a certain era or movement. These pieces include the typical design elements associated with that period for a classic look. Period pieces are emblematic of culture and trends at the time.