1930s Art Deco Carnelian Egyptian Revival Scarab Sterling Silver Ring Size 6
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minimal surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the band.
* Band has a tiny bit of thinning at the back and was resized at some point.
* Carnelian stone is gleaming and the carved details are crisp.
Mark No mark
Weight 4 grams
Material Tests for sterling silver, natural carnelian
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Transitional design that shows both Arts & Crafts (style of setting) and Egyptian (scarab) influences.
* Natural carnelian was carefully selected for pretty marbling of color and was carved by hand.
* Slightly tiered setting and thick stone gives this ring a dimensional and prominent look on your finger.
* Excellent condition showcases the design detail and quality of construction.
On Egyptian Revival. The distinct style, symbols and color palette of Egyptian jewelry are treasured and have been a great source of inspiration for jewelry throughout history. The Egyptian Udjat, or eye of Horus, symbolizing healing and protection: scarabs and lotus flowers represented rebirth and resurrection: and the Ankh, a symbol of eternal life, are all prominent motifs in their jewelry. These symbols were often rendered from natural stones like turquoise, lapiz lazuli and carnelian providing a distinct color palette. After the discovery of King Tut's tomb in 1922, Egyptian jewelry designs flourished throughout the western world and continue to have a specialized category in collectables.
On Handmade or Hand-Carved Jewelry. Handmade or hand-carved jewelry is valued because it is, by default, one of a kind. Unlike machine-made pieces, a handmade piece can never be replicated in the exact same way, and so they will always reveal the at-the-moment intent of the individual maker. Often, the pieces have a distinctively visceral feel, as though you can sense the painstaking labor that went into every aspect.
Beautifully wrapped and carefully shipped in boxes,
your jewels will arrive safely.
Multiple pieces can be combined in one shipment at no additional charge.