1930s Art Deco Repousse Flower Sterling Silver Signed Necklace
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Clasp is secure and original.
Mark See photo (maker mark next to sterling)
Weight 27 grams
Material Sterling silver
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Floral design repeats and extends across the necklace for a dynamic effect when worn.
* Links are thin, yet dense and well made, with the repousse in dinstict relief.
* Excellent condition showcases the detail to the design.
On Signed Designer Pieces. A piece of jewelry that has been signed by the designer is immediately of higher value, because it definitively places the work in their oeuvre. This gives the piece a personal history that it might not otherwise have-fixed in place, time, style, and intent. In addition, signed designer pieces indicate that a designer viewed the work as worthy enough to want his or her name to be forever associated with it. This indicates that the piece was made with a concentration on high-quality construction or perhaps trendy or progressive design.
On Repousse. Repousse is a technique used on metals that results in a three dimensional, sometimes hollow or open back design. The maker hammers the metal from one side, to form a three dimensional design on the other. Repousse dates from ancient civilizations yet the technique is found in a wide variety of fine jewelry even today.