1930s Art Deco Sterling Silver Flower Bracelet
Excellent. Fresh looking, soft signs of wear are noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Clasp is secure and original (the tabs slides in and out).
Length 6 3/4"
Mark See photo
Weight 11 grams
Material Sterling silver
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own unique history.
* Repousse technique gives the sterling flowers a charming realism as they curve gently downward.
* Petite and feminine silhouette that is feather-light feeling when worn yet well made and solidly constructed.
On Figurals. Figural jewelry includes any piece that has been shaped into an animal, person, object, or detailed "day in the life" scene. Antique and vintage figural jewelry is often quite charming and collectible for the realistic or cutesy details. Specific objects or animals became popular and prolific in jewelry during certain time, Scotty dogs during the 1940's for example, or swallow birds during the Victorian era. Figural jewelry is special for its detail and realism but also tells the story of the decade they were made in.
On Repousse. Repousse is a technique used on metals that results in a three dimensional, sometimes hollow or open back design. The maker hammers the metal from one side, to form a three dimensional design on the other. Repousse dates from ancient civilizations yet the technique is found in a wide variety of fine jewelry even today.