1930s Art Deco Sterling Silver Leaf Flower Natural Citrine Bracelet
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with some surface scratching that is noticeable on close inspection.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Citrine stones are smooth and gleaming with no chips or surface wear, faceting is crisp and refractive.
* Clasp is secure and original.
Mark See photo
Weight 30 grams
Material Sterling silver, natural citrine
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Organic and leafy design has a wreath-like effect across your wrist.
* Abstract floral design is given color with sparkling citrine stones that shift slightly in color from stone to stone.
* Finely made, the links are dense and weighty, yet pivot nicely to drape smoothly when worn.
On Period Pieces. "Period pieces" refer to those pieces that feel quintessentially of a certain era or movement. These pieces include the typical design elements associated with that period for a classic look. Period pieces are emblematic of culture and trends at the time.
On Art Deco. Art Deco is one of the first truly international styles, that influenced the design of buildings, furniture, fashion and of course, jewelry. The movement was given a name from the international exposition of Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, that was held in Paris in 1925 and largely dedicated to the jewelry arts. Born out of ideas of modernism and the Industrial Age, this manifested into designs that used Cubism's bold abstraction and rectilinear shapes and combined them with intricate patterning, bold color and symmetry. High-end jewelry design houses like Cartier and Boucheron set the trends in gold and gemstones, which were then emulated by costume jewelry companies in glass or perhaps plastics, and brought to the masses.