1940s Danecraft Sterling Silver Repousse Grape Cluster Necklace
Excellent Condition. Fresh looking, soft signs of wear are noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Clasp is secure and original.
Mark See photo
Weight 25 grams
Material Sterling silver
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Fine quality repousse Danecraft is known for.
* Grape cluster and vine design is less common.
* Links are well made and thin with a light weight and gently tactile feel when worn.
On Figurals. Figural jewelry includes any piece that has been shaped into an animal, person, object, or detailed "day in the life" scene. Antique and vintage figural jewelry is often quite charming and collectible for the realistic or cutesy details. Specific objects or animals became popular and prolific in jewelry during certain time, Scotty dogs during the 1940's for example, or swallow birds during the Victorian era. Figural jewelry is special for its detail and realism but also tells the story of the decade they were made in.
On Repousse. Repousse is a technique used on metals that results in a three dimensional, sometimes hollow or open back design. The maker hammers the metal from one side, to form a three dimensional design on the other. Repousse dates from ancient civilizations yet the technique is found in a wide variety of fine jewelry even today.