1940s Retro Signed Harry Iskin Sterling Silver Flower Leaf Repousse Bracelet
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Clasp is secure and original.
Width 1 1/4"
Mark See photo (Mark for Harry Iskin company founded in Philadelphia)
Weight 18 grams
Material Sterling silver
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Bold floral and leaf design and silhouette exemplifies the retro movement of the 1940s.
* Dimensional floral design sits upright on your wrist with a light and link feel around your wrist.
* Excellent condition showcases the design detail and quality of construction.
On Signed Designer Pieces. A piece of jewelry that has been signed by the designer is immediately of higher value, because it definitively places the work in their oeuvre. This gives the piece a personal history that it might not otherwise have-fixed in place, time, style, and intent. In addition, signed designer pieces indicate that a designer viewed the work as worthy enough to want his or her name to be forever associated with it. This indicates that the piece was made with a concentration on high-quality construction or perhaps trendy or progressive design.
On Excellent Condition. Antique and vintage pieces have been passed through generations, so it's not often you find a piece that has been maintained in its near-original condition. Such pieces are not only higher in value, but they are also more collectible, as they carry the history of past owners but do not show it. They reveal what the piece would have looked like when it was first created, giving us an insight into a bygone era.