Art Deco Arts & Crafts Sterling Silver Natural Lapis Lazuli Bangle Bracelet
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Lapis stones are smooth and gleaming with no chips or surface wear.
* Stone are all in place and look original.
* No clasp, slips over your hand.
Era 1920s - 30s
Length 7 7/8" interior circumference
Diameter 2 1/8"
Mark See photo
Weight 29 grams
Material Sterling silver, natural Lapis Lazuli
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Particularly blue and vibrant Lapis stones were carefully matched to create a special look.
* Bangle style allows the detailed openwork design to be seamless.
* Elegant worn singly, this piece has a streamlined silhouette that can be stacked with more bangles as well.
* While the silhouette is modest, this piece is solidly constructed with a substantial feel in your hand.
On the Arts & Crafts Movement. The Arts and Crafts period emerged at the turn of the century as a reaction against the industry and machinery that had begun to infiltrate culture, arts, and design. Proponents of the Arts and Crafts Movement argued true art and true craftsmanship must be done by an artisan, not by a machine or by an assembly line of people. They believed that the original creative endeavor of an individual artisan would bring its own distinct pleasure, not only to the working class makers but to the person wearing it.
On Excellent Condition. Antique and vintage pieces have been passed through generations, so it's not often you find a piece that has been maintained in its near-original condition. Such pieces are not only higher in value, but they are also more collectible, as they carry the history of past owners but do not show it. They reveal what the piece would have looked like when it was first created, giving us an insight into a bygone era.