Art Deco Domed Chrysoprase Glass Marcasite Sterling Silver Step Sz 6 Ring
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minimal surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the band.
* Band has some thinning at the back and was resized at some point.
* Glass is gleaming without surface wear and faceting is crisp.
* Marcasites are all in place.
Mark See photo
Weight 3 grams
Material Sterling silver, glass and marcasites
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Step design of setting is geometric and classical Art Deco motif.
* Domed glass simulates look of chrysoprase.
* Pendant's setting curves to fit fluidly with your finger.
On Period Pieces. "Period pieces" refer to those pieces that feel quintessentially of a certain era or movement. These pieces include the typical design elements associated with that period for a classic look. Period pieces are emblematic of culture and trends at the time.
On Art Deco. Art Deco is one of the first truly international styles, that influenced the design of buildings, furniture, fashion and of course, jewelry. The movement was given a name from the international exposition of Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, that was held in Paris in 1925 and largely dedicated to the jewelry arts. Born out of ideas of modernism and the Industrial Age, this manifested into designs that used Cubism's bold abstraction and rectilinear shapes and combined them with intricate patterning, bold color and symmetry. High-end jewelry design houses like Cartier and Boucheron set the trends in gold and gemstones, which were then emulated by costume jewelry companies in glass or perhaps plastics, and brought to the masses.