Art Deco Gold Filled Puffy Heart Padlock Signed Locket Pendant
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Gold setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Both original photo frames and plastic inserts are in place.
* Clasp is secure and locket snaps shut firmly.
* Bale is secure and original.
Era 1920s - 30s
Length Just under 1 1/8" including bale
Mark Mark for gold filled and maker "La Mode" on the interior, right side, along the bottom
Weight 6 grams
Material Gold filled
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Chubby silhouette of the padlock heart design is uncommon and cute.
* Padlock style bale allows a chunkier chain to be looped through and worn.
* Excellent condition highlights the detail and unique style of the piece.
* Dense and compact for its size, this pendant is well made with a solid feel in your hand.
On Figurals. Figural jewelry includes any piece that has been shaped into an animal, person, object, or detailed "day in the life" scene. Antique and vintage figural jewelry is often quite charming and collectible for the realistic or cutesy details. Specific objects or animals became popular and prolific in jewelry during certain time, Scotty dogs during the 1940's for example, or swallow birds during the Victorian era. Figural jewelry is special for its detail and realism but also tells the story of the decade they were made in.
On Signed Designer Pieces. A piece of jewelry that has been signed by the designer is immediately of higher value, because it definitively places the work in their oeuvre. This gives the piece a personal history that it might not otherwise have-fixed in place, time, style, and intent. In addition, signed designer pieces indicate that a designer viewed the work as worthy enough to want his or her name to be forever associated with it. This indicates that the piece was made with a concentration on high-quality construction or perhaps trendy or progressive design.