Art Deco Marquise Natural Carnelian Marcasite Sterling Silver S 6 Ring
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minimal surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the band.
* Band is intact and original
* Carnelian stone is gleaming without surface wear.
* Marcasites are all in place.
Mark See photo
Weight 4 grams
Material Sterling silver, natural carnelian and marcasites
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Uncommon silhouette, both minimal and striking.
* Modern design with stripes of glittering marcasites and singular, rich cinnamon red, carnelian stone.
* Carnelian is thin, yet still has a refined domed cut.
* While ring's pendant is full-sized, it is fairly thin and lays flush along your finger when worn.
On Unique Shapes. Gemstones are time consuming to cut, requiring a high degree of skill from a trained craftsman, and glass cabochons can be equally complicated to manufacture on a large scale while keeping costs down. These constraints are only a few of the reasons you often see similar shapes of stones used in jewelry. When an unusual shape or cut is used, the manufacturer has made a decision to make something different. Look for out-of-the-ordinary shapes, like the demilune for example, for a striking look as well as a unique find.
On Excellent Condition. Antique and vintage pieces have been passed through generations, so it's not often you find a piece that has been maintained in its near-original condition. Such pieces are not only higher in value, but they are also more collectible, as they carry the history of past owners but do not show it. They reveal what the piece would have looked like when it was first created, giving us an insight into a bygone era.