Art Deco Sterling Silver Carnelian Chrysoprase Marcasite Fruit Salad Pendant
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Gemstones are gleaming with no chips or surface wear, faceting is crisp.
* Marcasites are all in place.
* Bale is secure and original.
Length 2 1/8"
Width 1 1/8"
Mark See photo (935)
Weight 7 grams
Material Sterling silver, natural carnelian, chrysoprase and marcasites
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Charming and unique Art Deco design with distinct geometric shapes contrasts with an organic and floral motif.
* Well made and detailed, the gemstones were used to bring floral color and contrast.
* Pendant swivels freely from the bale allowing it to adjust to your neckline.
* Excellent condition showcases the design detail and quality of construction.
On Figurals. Figural jewelry includes any piece that has been shaped into an animal, person, object, or detailed "day in the life" scene. Antique and vintage figural jewelry is often quite charming and collectible for the realistic or cutesy details. Specific objects or animals became popular and prolific in jewelry during certain time, Scotty dogs during the 1940's for example, or swallow birds during the Victorian era. Figural jewelry is special for its detail and realism but also tells the story of the decade they were made in.
On Excellent Condition. Antique and vintage pieces have been passed through generations, so it's not often you find a piece that has been maintained in its near-original condition. Such pieces are not only higher in value, but they are also more collectible, as they carry the history of past owners but do not show it. They reveal what the piece would have looked like when it was first created, giving us an insight into a bygone era.