Art Deco Sterling Silver Glass Paste Buckle Signed Wachenheimer Bracelet
This Art Deco bracelet, marked and made by the Wachenheimer company (in business between 1905-1934), is a classical example of buckle motif jewelry that was popular during the 1920s. Inset paste stones sparkle brightly in the sterling silver setting, even on the dimensional buckle, disguising the clasp for a seamless glittery look. Each link is narrow and pivots independently allowing the bracelet to wrap smoothly at the wrist for a slinky, tactile feel on your skin.
Condition Guide Excellent. This piece is fresh looking, it must have been tucked away and well taken care of, and the soft signs of wear are noticeable only on close inspection.
* The setting is bright with little surface wear and no dents or misshapen spots.
* The links all move and pivot smoothly and lay flush as they should.
* The stones are all in place and look original, without any chips or surface wear and the faceting is crisp and refractive.
* The stones are all bright except for a few that have darkened in the buckle.
* There are no irregularities to the setting or signs of solder or repair and the piece has a firm shape.
Width 5/8" at widest point
Mark See photo
Clasp Secure, and original
Weight 26 grams
Material Sterling silver, glass
Collector Note On Sparkle. Sparkle has been a key element of jewelry design and the way gemstones are cut for centuries - as well as an indication of quality. For example, the bezel-set brilliant cut was developed to enhance the light-reflecting qualities of gemstones, like diamonds in the light. In addition during the Georgian era, the rose cut diamond became popular as the cut sparkled beautifully in candlelight. Facets, special raised prong and open back settings, and movement all serve to promote play with light and make for stunning pieces.
On Classic Collectables. There are certain pieces that fall into a distinct collectable category, sometimes referred to as "classics." However, the most collectable of these classics are those that include something special (such as an extra design element) that set them apart from other similar pieces.