Art Nouveau Jugendstil 800 Silver Natural Chrysoprase Rose Pendant
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Chrysoprase is smooth and gleaming with no chips or surface wear.
* Bale is secure and original.
Era 1910s - 20s
Diameter 1 5/8" excluding bale
Mark See photo
Weight 12 grams
Material 800 silver, natural chrysoprase
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Natural chrysoprase is a rich forest green with a mirror-like glossiness that is smooth to the touch.
* Floral and leaf setting beautifully frames the stone and the original bale is still in place.
* Excellent condition showcases the design detail and quality of construction.
On Jugendstil. Jugendstil is the German and Austrian counterpart to the more international Art Nouveau movement. For that reason, the designs have similar characteristics as the art nouveau style - with some key differences. Most notably, Jugendstil tends to be more abstract than purely naturalistic. It included jewelry but also included all other art forms, like the visual arts and architecture.
On Excellent Condition. Antique and vintage pieces have been passed through generations, so it's not often you find a piece that has been maintained in its near-original condition. Such pieces are not only higher in value, but they are also more collectible, as they carry the history of past owners but do not show it. They reveal what the piece would have looked like when it was first created, giving us an insight into a bygone era.