Arts & Crafts Art Deco Natural Rose Quartz Gold Gilt Necklace
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Gilt setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Rose quartz stones are smooth and gleaming with no chips or surface wear.
* Components are all in place and look original.
* Clasp is secure and original.
Era 1900 - 1910s
Length 18 1/4", with pendant dropping 2 5/8" below
Width 1 1/8"
Mark No mark
Weight 6 grams
Material Alloy (does not test for silver or gold content), natural rose quartz
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Lovely and unique design that is simultaneously bold and delicate.
* Openwork design on the bottom drop has a modern look that beautifully frames the soft pink natural rose quartz.
* Carefully tapered drops are tiny and dangle freely for subtle movement and a gently tactile feel.
* Necklace has a full-sized silhouette, yet is thin and finely made, laying flush along your skin.
On the Arts & Crafts Movement. The Arts and Crafts period emerged at the turn of the century as a reaction against the industry and machinery that had begun to infiltrate culture, arts, and design. Proponents of the Arts and Crafts Movement argued true art and true craftsmanship must be done by an artisan, not by a machine or by an assembly line of people. They believed that the original creative endeavor of an individual artisan would bring its own distinct pleasure, not only to the working class makers but to the person wearing it.
On Movement In Jewelry. Movement in jewelry is an indicator of a higher end piece, as it demonstrates that the designer considered how the jewelry would look and feel when it was actually worn. For example, high-end pieces often adjust to different necklines or wrists for comfort and a seamless look. Other times, movement is strategically incorporated for gemstones to catch the light or to enhance the sparkle of a certain gemstone cut.