Arts & Crafts Revival 835 Silver Natural Malachite Pendant Necklace
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* Vermeil finish has a golden patina with no wear or thinning.
* Chain is not original to pendant.
* Malachite stone is smooth with no chips or surface wear.
* Clasp is secure.
* Bale is secure and original.
Era 1960s - 70s
Length 23", with pendant dropping 1 7/8" below
Width just over 1"
Mark See photo
Weight 17 grams
Material 835 silver, natural malachite, chain is gold filled
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Full and glossy oval cut of natural malachite has vivid color and striking patterning.
* Detailed setting to pendant has an Arts & Crafts influence to the design.
* While chain is not original to pendant, the gold patina is a nice match.
On Unique Shapes. Gemstones are time consuming to cut, requiring a high degree of skill from a trained craftsman, and glass cabochons can be equally complicated to manufacture on a large scale while keeping costs down. These constraints are only a few of the reasons you often see similar shapes of stones used in jewelry. When an unusual shape or cut is used, the manufacturer has made a decision to make something different. Look for out-of-the-ordinary shapes, like the demilune for example, for a striking look as well as a unique find.
On Classic Collectables. There are certain pieces that fall into a distinct collectable category, sometimes referred to as "classics." However, the most collectable of these classics are those that include something special (such as an extra design element) that set them apart from other similar pieces.