Arts & Crafts Sterling Silver Filigree Natural Citrine Pendant Necklace
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* Vermeil finish is golden with a light amount of wear and thinning.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Citrine stones are smooth and gleaming with no chips or surface wear, faceting is crisp and refractive.
* Clasp is secure and original.
Era 1910s - 20s
Length 16 1/4", with pendant dropping 2 3/8" below
Mark See photo
Weight 14 grams
Material Sterling silver, natural Citrine
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Note how the top citrine is a cabochon cut while the drop is heavily faceted, this gives a subtle variety in shimmer and effect to the stones.
* Natural citrine were carefully selected for their matching sunny yellow hue and bright clarity.
* Sterling setting is delicate yet still refined with tiny and special details and flourishes.
* Drop at the bottom dangles freely for pendulum movement and sway when worn.
On the Arts & Crafts Movement. The Arts and Crafts period emerged at the turn of the century as a reaction against the industry and machinery that had begun to infiltrate culture, arts, and design. Proponents of the Arts and Crafts Movement argued true art and true craftsmanship must be done by an artisan, not by a machine or by an assembly line of people. They believed that the original creative endeavor of an individual artisan would bring its own distinct pleasure, not only to the working class makers but to the person wearing it.
On Unique Shapes. Gemstones are time consuming to cut, requiring a high degree of skill from a trained craftsman, and glass cabochons can be equally complicated to manufacture on a large scale while keeping costs down. These constraints are only a few of the reasons you often see similar shapes of stones used in jewelry. When an unusual shape or cut is used, the manufacturer has made a decision to make something different. Look for out-of-the-ordinary shapes, like the demilune for example, for a striking look as well as a unique find.