Victorian 800 Silver Vermeil Shooting Star Dangle Necklace
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* Vermeil finish is golden and consistent with minor wear and thinning.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Components are all in place and look original.
* Clasp is secure and original.
Width just under 1 1/2"
Mark No mark
Weight 29 grams
Material Tests for 800 silver
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Charming star design is elaborate with a full silhouette when compared to similar pieces.
* Raised and "faceted" design to the silver setting catches and reflects light for a shimmering effect.
* Star pendants dangle freely for subtle movement and sway as well as a gently tactile feel when worn.
* Excellent condition showcases the special design and the quality to the construction.
On Figurals. Figural jewelry includes any piece that has been shaped into an animal, person, object, or detailed "day in the life" scene. Antique and vintage figural jewelry is often quite charming and collectible for the realistic or cutesy details. Specific objects or animals became popular and prolific in jewelry during certain time, Scotty dogs during the 1940's for example, or swallow birds during the Victorian era. Figural jewelry is special for its detail and realism but also tells the story of the decade they were made in.
On Movement In Jewelry. Movement in jewelry is an indicator of a higher end piece, as it demonstrates that the designer considered how the jewelry would look and feel when it was actually worn. For example, high-end pieces often adjust to different necklines or wrists for comfort and a seamless look. Other times, movement is strategically incorporated for gemstones to catch the light or to enhance the sparkle of a certain gemstone cut.