Victorian Edwardian 10k Gold Miniature Sun Starburst Brooch Pin
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Gold setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape.
* Seed pearls are all in place.
* Clasp is secure, hinge likely had a repair at some point.
Era Late Victorian / Edwardian
Mark See photo
Weight 1 grams
Material 10k gold, natural seed pearls
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Classical Victorian sunburst design in the teeniest, tiniest profile for a touch of shimmer at your collar.
* Truly feather-light in your hand, delicate contstruction makes detail remarkable.
* Excellent condition showcases the design detail and quality of construction.
On Figurals. Figural jewelry includes any piece that has been shaped into an animal, person, object, or detailed "day in the life" scene. Antique and vintage figural jewelry is often quite charming and collectible for the realistic or cutesy details. Specific objects or animals became popular and prolific in jewelry during certain time, Scotty dogs during the 1940's for example, or swallow birds during the Victorian era. Figural jewelry is special for its detail and realism but also tells the story of the decade they were made in.
On Repousse. Repousse is a technique used on metals that results in a three dimensional, sometimes hollow or open back design. The maker hammers the metal from one side, to form a three dimensional design on the other. Repousse dates from ancient civilizations yet the technique is found in a wide variety of fine jewelry even today.