Victorian Edwardian Sterling Silver Filigree Dangle Necklace
Excellent condition. Fresh looking, soft wear is noticeable only on close inspection.
* Silver setting has a bright patina with minor surface wear.
* No dents or imperfections to the shape or signs of repair.
* Clasp is secure and original.
Era Late Victorian / Edwardian
Length 15 1/4", with pendant dropping 3 1/4" below
Width 1 3/4"
Mark No mark
Weight 28 grams
Material Tests for sterling silver
Made by hand or in small groups of similar styles, vintage jewelry is individualistic with its own special history.
* Unique swirling filigree frames domed silver pendants that gleam with reflected light.
* Full and dramatic silhouette with pendants dangling freely for lively movement.
* Pendants are fairly thin, yet finely made, so the necklace has a quality feel and lays flush when worn.
* Excellent condition showcases the design detail and quality of construction.
On Movement In Jewelry. Movement in jewelry is an indicator of a higher end piece, as it demonstrates that the designer considered how the jewelry would look and feel when it was actually worn. For example, high-end pieces often adjust to different necklines or wrists for comfort and a seamless look. Other times, movement is strategically incorporated for gemstones to catch the light or to enhance the sparkle of a certain gemstone cut.
On Excellent Condition. Antique and vintage pieces have been passed through generations, so it's not often you find a piece that has been maintained in its near-original condition. Such pieces are not only higher in value, but they are also more collectible, as they carry the history of past owners but do not show it. They reveal what the piece would have looked like when it was first created, giving us an insight into a bygone era.